Wednesday 2 December 2009

Review: Korres Wild Rose Mask for Brightening and Illuminating



So my skin was looking awful a few weeks back. I think the change of seasons and a bad diet etc just led to it looking dull. I also had red marks from previous spots. I decided I needed to take action, so I just googled 'brightening mask' one day and this little beauty popped up. 'Why not?' I thought, so I ordered one.

I've used it a few times, about once a week. I suppose you could actually use it more but I like to alternate between masks as I get bored easily.....so I can't really comment on the cumulative effect of using this mask to progressively brighten skin. However I can comment on the instant effects of using it and for me they were quite remarkable!

Here's what Korres say on their website about this mask:

"A pure white mask for a clear and radiant complexion. Suitable for all skin types. An instantly brightening effect is visible on application. Wild rose oil is a natural source of vitamin C, which demonstrates significant repairing activity to fine lines and skin blemishes. At the same time, an active complex targets skin discolorations and promotes cell renewal, boosting the skin with brightness and radiance.

Contains: Wild rose oil, argan tree oil, waltheria indica extract, shea butter, avocado butter and provitamin B5.
Dermatologically tested, mineral oil free, silicone free, propylene glycol free, ethanolamine free"

When I use this, I leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wipe off with a wash cloth or cotton wool. The brightening effect is instant and very obvious. My face sort of has a luminous 'glow' about it, appears even toned and redness is drastically reduced. All in all, it's brighter :)

Now I wouldn't say this effect is particularly long lasting. For me, it doesn't last longer than a day. But for special occasions or days when you just feel like poo and want to do something to your face to perk it up a bit, this is an excellent product with visible results. Worth a try if you like using masks and want something a bit different from the usual deep pore cleansing/ultra moisturising masks, and it definitely works.

I've used a couple of other Korres products. A few years ago I was in love with the Sugar Crystal 3 in 1 Antioxidant Cream which smelt beautiful and left my skin so soft. However now I am 30 (oh the horror) it's not moisturising enough for me, but would be great for younger skin.



I've heard the Body Butters are good but have never tried them. What do you think about Korres products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails